Nowadays, more and more people decide to go on a yacht cruise, as it is a great way to relax, have fun and experience an unforgettable adventure. One of the most popular sailing destinations is the Adriatic Sea. Sailing enthusiasts can become members of special organisations. What should you know about the Yacht Club in Croatia?
Yacht Club in Croatia
The history of sailing dates back to the days of rafting. Over the years, people kept improving wind-powered vessels to be able to discover new land and transport goods (maritime trade). Sailing as a type of tourism and recreation activity has its origins in the Netherlands and England in the late 16th and early 17th century. With the development of sailing, a specific pattern of behaviour and values held by sailing enthusiasts were formed. In order to cultivate ancient traditions and preserve customs, special organisations began to be established around the world. One of these is the Yacht Club in Croatia.
Club members participate in various yachting events and projects together. They exchange their maritime experiences, explore new places with other enthusiasts of yachting in the broader sense, sail regularly and take an interest in everything to do with sailing or powerboats.
Who are the members of the Yacht Club in Croatia? These range from professional sailors to amateur sailors and yachting enthusiasts. Any sea sailing enthusiast, regardless of experience or qualifications, can join the Club.
Yacht Club in Europe
Associations of yachting enthusiasts are very popular in Europe. Among others, we could mention:
- Real Club Náutico de Vigo in Spain, founded on 17 April 1906. In the 1920s, the Club’s headquarters was a large ship called Klosofic, on which events were organised. Over the years, Real Club Náutico has expanded its facilities, offering members numerous amenities such as a swimming pool, gym, spa and restaurant.
- The Royal Thames Yacht Club in England is the oldest yacht club in the world, founded in 1775. Members take part in cruises and regattas organised in England and around the world. Knightsbridge Clubhouse is an exclusive London venue. There are two bars, a restaurant, meeting rooms and accommodation for those wishing to stay in the city overnight.
- Société des Régates du Havre is a well-known Yacht Club in France that offers its members a multitude of activities and classes to improve their sailing skills. Members can also relax by the pool, use the sailing facilities or dine in the restaurant overlooking the beach.
- Yacht Club Costa Smeralda in Italy is a Yacht Club associated with the Italian Sailing Federation since 1960. It offers, among others, a swimming pool, bar, open-air restaurant and residential suites.
Yacht Club worldwide
Clubs for professional and amateur sailors are popular not only in Europe but also worldwide:
- in Canada, there is the Royal Canadian Yacht Club, the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, the Royal Victoria Yacht Club,
- in Australia, popular Clubs for yachting enthusiasts include the Royal Perth Yacht Club, Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron, the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club and many others,
- in Singapore, we can mention Raffles Marina and the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club,
- in Brazil, a well-known yacht club is the Yacht Club Santo Amaro,
- in the USA, such clubs include the Annapolis Yacht Club, Chicago Yacht Club, Larchmont Yacht Club, Newport Harbor Yacht Club, Sailfish Club of Florida, etc.
Yacht charter in Croatia
Not every sailing enthusiast has their own yacht. Those wishing to spend some leisure time on a motor boat, visit picturesque Croatian towns and marinas, admire the beautiful coastal scenery or simply relax onboard can opt for yacht charter. Heads Yachting offers only exclusive, modern and safe vessels. All yachts are well-equipped and comfortable, making cruising the Adriatic Sea a pleasant experience. Choose from luxury power boats with 2, 3, 4 or more cabins, ideal for a family with children or a group of friends, such as the Sessa Fly 42 “Jupika II”, Sessa Fly 47 “Stardust”, Ferretti 450 “Lady Esmeralda”, Explorer 62 “Blue Moon”.
Yacht Club in Croatia – summary
The Yacht Club in Croatia is an organisation that cultivates the traditions of seafaring and passes on the ethos of sailing to its members. The club brings together not only professional sailors but also yachting enthusiasts. Those who do not have their own motor boat can choose to hire one from Heads Yachting. A cruise on the Adriatic Sea on a rented motor yacht is an excellent way to relax, spend time with loved ones and enjoy an opportunity to visit interesting places in Croatia.